Saturday, March 6, 2010

our big boy!

*breaking news alert**

Oliver is using the potty! Wa-hoo! He watched his cousin Trevor use the potty last week (um, and by "watch" I mean, nearly sat on Trevor's lap while he was going....), and since then has been very excited to try it himself! I've had the kiddie thrones (yep,actual king and queen mini-thrones that play music when you, er, go) ready for a while, but didn't want to pressure anyone.

We started Tuesday night, and Ollie is doing beautifully!!! Only one accident, in all of those days, and he's doing BOTH #1 and #2 on the potty! He is SO VERY PROUD of himself, and we cheer and sing and dance every time. Of course, I immediately had to go out and buy him several options of big boy pants: Cars boxer briefs, Yo Gabba Gabba briefs. Seriously fun.

And, the greatest part, other than the possibility of notbuyingdiapersanymore (not quite ready to even hope for that yet), and the awesome family dance we do to the royal music, is that Violet is COPYING HIM. That is amazing, simply because imitation is a huge step in Autism diagnosis, and also, because I think she might be starting to become interested in GOING on the potty. Hooray, twins!!!!!

And, of course, TONS of photos to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment