Wednesday, May 19, 2010

little things




















a short list of the many things I LOVE at this moment:

1. That in Ollie's world, everyone counts to 10, everyone hides, everyone seeks and everyone wins. Every time.

2. That Violet now loves Jessie from Toy Story, and tries to yodel like her.

3. That our nightly ritual of "kiss and big hug" has quickly turned to "kiss, big hug, noses, eyebrows (meaning lashes), hairs, backs, shirts, and feet". Yes, this means we make our shirts kiss each other. I know I'm being conned into a few more minutes before sleep-time, but can you blame me?

4. That Violet lets me do cute things with her hair. While she may be the only almost-three-year-old girl still wearing her winter boots, the knit "Oliver" hat with yogurt in her nose and dirty fingernails, she'll have a decent hairdo if it kills me.
5. When Ollie is playing with his cars, and he makes them say "excuse me" or "I'm sorry" to each other.

6. Jason Mraz on Sesame Street.


7. Doing this for a couple of months. Joy!


8. How well my husband knows me. For mother's day, I came home to a sparkling clean house, laundry done, twins bathed and dinner on the table. The best.

9. Almost-birthday time: for all FOUR of us!

10. The conversation Oliver and I had two nights ago about the sun. He wanted to know why it wasn't in the sky at night, where it went to, how it came back, etc. Amazing, despite having it in my bed at 3am.

12. The little hole Violet has made with her fingers in the crib tent on her bed. This shouldn't feel like a blessing because:

a. it's destructive

b. it's not even OUR crib tent (sorry, Jen! we'll buy you a new one!) and

c. she will probably continue to work on it until she can fit her little body through and escape, Alcatraz-style.



But, right now, she uses it at a drop-shoot for everything she's lost interest in during sleep-time. Shoes, juice cups, bottles, etc., all end up in a line between the netting and the crib. Sort of ingenious, very adorable.






Life is good.
















No comments:

Post a Comment