Friday, May 28, 2010

and beyond....



Because nothing says Summer like a warm, down vest....


what can I say? my boy likes to clean!


here are two of the things that are making me exceptionally, unwaiveringly happy right now:





1. Violet has started to "travel hum". Whenever we're walking
hand-in-hand through the house, down the street, wherever, she hums quietly to herself. Sometimes I recognize the tune, sometimes I would swear she's composing as we walk. The BEST thing about this is that it makes me feel like she is HAPPY. That something I'm never really sure about, and the quiet humming to herself really seems to say, "Yep. Life is good."
A very sweet, sweet thought.


2. This afternoon, Oliver coaxed me into lying down with him before his nap. It's pretty much impossible to leave after I snuggle in, but sometimes, that's just okay. Oliver is *obesessed* with Toy Story lately, big time. He loves jumping off of semi-high places and yelling (a la Buzz Lightyear) "To infinity and beyond!". Very adorable. Anyhow, as we were cuddling, I was rubbing his back and he sighed and said, "I love you, Mama....to infinity and beyond."
Oh, my heart....
And, as a postscript, I truly think he put this together himself- the reference to love isn't in the movie at all. He's a sweet talker, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment