

Mommy as a baby (on Uncle Tug's look-a-like, Grampy)







WOW! I'm actually blogging with both babies napping in their cribs, having fallen asleep on their own! Wa-hoo!! Especially for Oliver, this is a true feat.
First, for the update from the six month check- up; both babies did beautifully! Ollie weighed in at a hefty 20lbs, which is in the 80 percentile (with his brain-filled cranium at the 100% mark!), and Violet is chugging along at nearly 15 lbs. The pediatrician said this was great, as her rate of growth was actually higher than her brother's, it shows that the Prilosec is working and she is keeping those calories down! They had four shots each, which is always tough. A mother I met in the waiting room said that for her six month old's shots he "didn't cry at all". She said she distracted him, so I was a little hopeful. However, I now believe her to be a big liar, since all my singing and hopping around did nothing but elicit a deeper look of betrayal than I usually get.....I can't wait until we can bribe them with ice cream cones!
The weather has been wonderful and warm the past few days- we've taken the babies out in their stroller and in their Bjorn carriers. It really shows us how much they've grown when we can have excursions without any crying at all! Oliver has really calmed down in the stroller, and both twins LOVE facing forward while riding on mom and dad in their carriers.
We've started pears this week, and both babies are pretty receptive. Our doctor said we should be up to three meals a day, but I already feel like I'm feeding them constantly, so I think we'll wait on that. Our next big move is to get both babies into their "big baby" car seats. I have no idea how we will be mobile like this, as we can usually each grab an infant seat and stick in on the stroller or in a cart. I ESPECIALLY can't imagine how I will ever leave the house with babies and no Daddy (I have not done this yet!). Time for a new, very easy-to-open stroller, I guess!
Finally, I'm going to try to add a video somewhere in here. We were lucky enough to borrow a jumperoo from Auntie Miss for the babes, but found that whoever wasn't in the jumper would just stare longingly at the jumping baby. Very sad. So, we found one FOR FREE on craigslist.com! It had been left in the rain, but I gave it a good scrubbing and it's as good as new! Anyhow, the only thing cuter than a babe in the jumperoo is TWO BABES in their jumperoos, watching each other....
I love these babies!!! Growing, growing so fast - absolutely beautiful! XXXXX
ReplyDeleteIt's in the single digits here in Central Illinois, but I feel warm and toasty watching these sweet babies grow day by day.
ReplyDeleteYou must feel so proud and they must feel so loved.
This blog is a brilliant idea and I check it almost every day for the latest in the saga of Violet and Oliver.
My love to all four of you.
(By the way, I have absolutely no doubt that Violet is destined to be a dancer. After all, she's alrready on pointe...)